The Images Festival
The Images Festival is the largest festival in North America for experimental and independent media art culture, showcasing the innovative edge of contemporary practices both on and off the screen. Images is committed to an expanded concept of film and video practice: alongside film and video screenings, the festival presents groundbreaking live performances, media art installations in galleries throughout Toronto and new media projects by many renowned Canadian and international artists.
About this Playlist
The specially selected titles in this section represent the alumni filmmakers featured at past Images Festivals. These films push the boundaries of the term “documentary” yet provide unique insights into such subject matters as violence in the game of hockey, painful childhood memories and the implications of global politics. Hot Docs is delighted to showcase these thought provoking films.
For more information about Images, please visit: www.imagesfestival.com.
Selected Films (9)
The Price of Daily Bread
untitled 2 (the last jew of edenbridge)
Death in the Garden of Paradise
- Country:Canada, Pakistan
Tales From My Childhood
- Most Popular
- Check out what your fellow doc lovers are watching.
- NFB films have influenced the works of filmmakers around the world.
- TVO - Makes you think
- Reel Asian
- Showcasing alumni filmmakers from past Reel Asian festivals.
- The Images Festival
- The Images Festival looks at the dynamics of accessibility.
- Doc Challenge
- A timed competition where filmmakers have 5 days to make a short doc.
- Brian Linehan
- Brian Linehan was best known for his celebrity interviews.
- Toronto sounds good. It always has.
- Industry Corner 2009
- Video and audio captures of all public series' and industry sessions at Hot Docs.
- Industry Corner 2010
- Festival Industry Sessions from 2010
- Industry Corner 2011
- Festival Industry Sessions From 2011
- Industry Corner 2012
- Festival Industry Sessions From 2012
- Films from our Doc Camp and Doc It! Programmes
- Doc Library films with educational resources for high school.
- Filmmaker Interviews
- Interviews and Q&A's
- Aids/HIV Docs
- THE PLIGHT OF HOMELESSNESS
- Docs on Homelessness
- FOR MUSIC LOVERS
- Docs for Music Lovers
- Films about Canada
- LOVE, THE MANY DOCUMENTED THING.
- Docs About Love
- DEALING WITH DISABILITY
- Docs on Dealing with Disabilities
- GROWING OLD GRACEFULLY
- Docs on Aging
- THE WONDER YEARS?
- Films about Growing Up
- CANADA’S OWN WONDER OF THE WORLD
- Niagara Falls
- DEATH IN ALL ITS FORMS
- Films About Dealing with Death